Downward Spiral of Thought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downward Spiral of Thought

Role-plays here in the Downward Spiral of Thought.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Role-Play Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gliz Caldo
Admin
Gliz Caldo

General Role-Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: General Role-Play Rules   General Role-Play Rules I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 6:22 am

Keep in mind that I and moderators are ALWAYS watching.

There are examples after every rule in case you need a reference. Examples will be in italic.

- There cannot be any sexual content. Meaning there shouldn't be any form of any sexual activity placed in a role-play.

Pulling down his pants he CENSORED, BECAUSE IT IS OF SEXUAL CONTENT, USE YOUR IMAGINATION., horrifying the school girls instantly.

- No God Moding. Meaning you cannot pose as a immortal deity or have god-like abilities for a playing character. NPC's however if there is suppose to be a God-like figure to appear, it must be up to the role-play host when their God NPC appears and their actions. NPC's must also follow the 'Power-Play Rule'.

The Elemental Cat God appears in a white flame between the two humans. "Enough is enough." He spoke as the flame disappears. "I can care less of your quarrel, but if it disturbs my land I will take action." One of the humans respond. "What are you going to do?" The Cat God's single red eye looks directly at the human. "I am going to ask both of you nicely, a friendly warning: Stop this now."

- No Power-Play. Meaning you cannot do something without giving a player a chance to reply. An example is your character possibly killing another player's character in a fight without letting the player have a chance to let their character defend themselves. That is cheap and rude to the other player.

Role-Player One, posts a reply with his character challenging Role-Player Two to a fight. Role-Player Two engages. Role-Player One posts a reply of their character simply shooting Role-Player Two's character's head. Even had the nerve to force their character to have dialog.

- No Advertising. Meaning advertisements to other sites and such are not tolerated. This is a role-play site, not a T.V.

I find a post or reply advertising some car dealership.

- Mature posting please. This isn't much of a rule, but personally I like to see everyone posting using capital letters at the start of sentences or when there needs to be capital letters. Periods at ends of sentences and mostly good spelling. Not asking much, I just don't want a post to like the example below.

elvs gather round teh able 2 spk abt stff

ADDITIONAL

- Please wait for other players to post their response. Though this might be tricky if there are multiple characters in the same area, but please give other players a chance to post. A suggestion will be posted below this rule about multiple people in the same situation.

A player constantly posts not allowing anyone to have a chance to reply to them.

- This is not quite a rule but a suggestion of what to do in the situation of multiple players in the same situation. This is where you make a discussion in the Role-Play discussion.

Four players are about to do a free-for-all against each other in a magical fight. In discussion they give details to each other to who fights who, and what might be the outcome. Such as making a vague path and the players will have to fill in the blanks. Such as they have to evaluate each character's strength with spells and history. Seeing who might just overcome who. Given some paths the players go back to the role-play to start the fight.
Back to top Go down
https://downward.forumotion.com

General Role-Play Rules
Page 1 of 1