Downward Spiral of Thought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downward Spiral of Thought

Role-plays here in the Downward Spiral of Thought.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chrono Trigger fans, unite!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Seras Caldo

Seras Caldo

Chrono Trigger fans, unite! Empty
PostSubject: Chrono Trigger fans, unite!   Chrono Trigger fans, unite! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 2:03 am

Come here to discuss the game, favorite characters, favorite endings, ways you like to kill time, personal favorite moments, parts that made you laugh, and any strange theories you have.

S'all about Chrono Trigger here, folks. ^w^

One strange thought I had. Frog used to be a man, named Glenn. But he's been a frog for ten years, once you meet him. Seeing as he hops, when you dash, does he eat flies? The thought never crossed my mind until today. But seeing as he is a froggy... it kinda makes sense, right?
Back to top Go down
Gliz Caldo
Admin
Gliz Caldo

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Trigger fans, unite!   Chrono Trigger fans, unite! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:16 am

"Most likely he does eat flies, but possibly not the insect-like creatures you face of course. Just about every other monster is taller than Frog. What I like about the game is that you can face the final boss at any time you like. As soon as you meet the old man by the lamp-post or when you've done everything possible in the game but finish the final boss. It was really a game that made it clear that there is time travel, you don't have to go in order of one's time to finish the game. You can go to that final boss whenever you like. Of course I have played most of the game back in about 04-05, and I stopped playing because I had to move to a different state and I really never got the chance to continue playing it. Mind you I was playing it on a emulator, so that soda challenge at the fair was beyond easy. All I had to do was slow down the game-play speed and spam the required button to chug. But I bet after all those surviving torture chambers in Metal Gear Solid I can pull it off without slowing down the game."
Back to top Go down
https://downward.forumotion.com
Seras Caldo

Seras Caldo

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Trigger fans, unite!   Chrono Trigger fans, unite! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:35 am

It's even easier to do the soda-challenge on SNES.
Two words.
Turbo. Button.

My brother says the turbo button is cheating, and he couldn't even make it to the End of Time, which is the place you're talking about, with the old man and the lamp-post.
He had to use game genie to finish and he said that wasn't cheating.

Pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Gliz Caldo
Admin
Gliz Caldo

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Trigger fans, unite!   Chrono Trigger fans, unite! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:41 am

"Now I know I used Game Genie a couple of times, but that was usually for games I just kinda got fed up with the B.S. Though turbo can be used if someone cannot constantly spam the same button over and over again. I know if my finger got busted, my right index finger is my button-spam button. If that got busted I cannot do those things in games, and modern games require you to do that for a few tasks. In-game or story. So with Turbo that's an easy set-n-hold for rapid fire. Or if your friends are not selfish pricks they can help you out."
Back to top Go down
https://downward.forumotion.com
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Trigger fans, unite!   Chrono Trigger fans, unite! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:44 am

You're such a nerd, Seras.
How many times have you solved that game now?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chrono Trigger fans, unite!   Chrono Trigger fans, unite! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chrono Trigger fans, unite!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Downward Spiral of Thought :: Social :: Fan-Base-
Jump to: