Downward Spiral of Thought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downward Spiral of Thought

Role-plays here in the Downward Spiral of Thought.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dead Space: Recreation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gliz Caldo
Admin
Gliz Caldo

Dead Space: Recreation Empty
PostSubject: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:10 am

This is a role-play anyone can join in, you must send characters to the host (Me) with the topic being this role-play so I can add them in the character list below this post.

Backstory

In the science and colony ship called 'Rose' they have found a location of something their employer's called 'The Marker'. There has been a engineer team sent down to pick up this 'Marker' and put it in the ship. Though that mission has been slightly delayed as the hull of the ship next to the science bay had a collision with a large meteor. The engineer team are told to first give temporarily repairs to the hull before picking up the 'Marker'.

Rose

The ship Rose is quite large as it consists of a whole science facility and colony. So within both there are plenty of places. Such as the science facility has a security station, offices, many labs, medical bay, supply storage, observation theaters, and their own hanger. The colony side has many apartments for living, mall-like layouts for shops and schools. The colony's own security station, and their own hanger. Of course this ship isn't perfect and needs a bridge for manual control, and in the lower areas of the ship is where the engineers keep the ship running perfectly.

Character Sheet

Name:
Occupation: (Engineer, Scientist, Security, Teacher, Employee, Navigation.)
Appearance: (Text, image, whatever. For the sake of space, use a URL to link to the image. )
History: ( I'm looking for an actual back STORY. Not a sentence please. )
Back to top Go down
https://downward.forumotion.com
Gliz Caldo
Admin
Gliz Caldo

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:11 am

Characters

Player: Gliz Caldo
Name: Jon Beinett, 'Ghost'
Occupation: Engineer, newest and youngest on the ship Rose. To the other Engineers he seems to be almost at their professional level as he just started.
Appearance: Short white hair, grey eyes, pale skin. Because of his looks came his nickname: 'Ghost'.
History: Jon had a pretty uneventful life as he worked hard of getting on the ship Rose to be part of the engineer team. Reason behind him being an engineer is unknown as the other Engineers know that he has other talents, in fact other talents that are better than his engineer skill. Such as he can qualify as a doctor or scientist.

Name: Bea Ryder
Appearance: Bea is a fitting 5’5, fair skin, green eyes. Her hair is long, very curly and red which she usually has pulled back.
History: Though many things were handed to her she always tried to push herself farther to make her father proud. Yet, her abilities were never enough. She lacked what her father had confidence and courage. Though he had hoped for her to become part of the military, like him, he was satisfied of her becoming an engineer. Leon, her father, had pulled many strings with his contacts to place Bea in the Rose mission.

Last edited by Gliz Caldo on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gliz Caldo
Admin
Gliz Caldo

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:32 am

"Ghost, rivet this plate in place would you?"

One of the older engineers hold down one of the plates they are using to repair the damaged hull. Jon charges up the rivet gun and fires a rivet into each corner to hold the plate in place. The engineer used the TK device to pull the floating plates back to the ship so that Jon can rivet the plate in. They worked fast enough so that there is a chance of containing oxygen within this area of the science facility.

"How's your repairs going?"

The other half of the team spoke through their radio as they are on the other side of the hull.

"Ghost and I are making progress. How about you guys?"

"We have to make some repairs to pipes here. Otherwise water in the decontamination room will be leaking out here."

"That sucks."

"Yeah, well we got thirty minuets before break so let's get much as we can get done."

Ghost remained silent as they spoke. The plates were attached to the hull covering about three labs and one observation. One of the engineers speak up.

"We can't get much done in a short time. We got to roll out a cover."

"Ghost get the plastic."

Looking off to their small shuttle where they have all their tools and repairing supplies. Ghost hops off the ship and floats to the shuttle. Once he got on it he holds onto the safety handles he makes his way to the plastic roll on the side of the shuttle.

"Don't forget the tape, we might need all of it."
Back to top Go down
Anak

Anak

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 3:06 am

Bea bent down and picked up the roll of tape beside the plastic roll. She nodded her head at Jon before returning to the other engineers. She didn’t understand why she had to stay in the shuttle, it wasn’t going to go anywhere, she figured since she was new to the crew they didn’t want her screwing up and just want her to observe their teamwork. She was relieved when the other engineer in the shuttle asked her to go out and help out. Bea, being used to taking orders, just went on quietly.
Back to top Go down
Gliz Caldo
Admin
Gliz Caldo

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 6:07 am

Jon lands on the ship, holding the part of the edge of the plastic sheet as another engineer gets the roll. The other engineer starts stepping back to roll out the plastic on the areas not covered.

"Bea? You got the tape? Just tape the edges down, don't give it too much effort we will remove it later after break. Then right after we have to pick up the 'Marker'."

The other engineer spoke as he cuts off the plastic off the roll with a tool and lets the roll float nearby him as he holds down the plastic so Bea can tape it. Then there is a beep to signal there's an announcement sent to the team.

"Engineer Team D, this is the captain speaking: Due to this team making the repairs onto the lab hull we are letting Engineer Team C do the extraction of the 'Marker'. So that you may continue repairs."

Jon can already feel the discouraged thoughts from the team, they sure had their hopes up for the break. Jon speaks up.

"Captain this is Jon Bienett, the repairs will be slightly delayed because our shuttle is missing supplies."

Jon looks to their shuttle, which actually has everything they need to repair the hull.

"We are laying down an air-tight cover so that we may resume repairs as soon as we have everything."

"In that case make sure that seal is on there very well. The Marker will be placed in that area you are repairing for observations."

There is a beep to conclude the end of the transmission. The other Engineer speaks up.

"Alright Bea, make sure the tape is on tightly. Secured plastic in exchange for a break? Hell yeah!"
Back to top Go down
Anak

Anak

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 3:33 pm

“Right” Bea exclaimed before lowering herself so she can begin taping the plastic in place. She continued taping while listening to the Captain’s orders. Every now and then Bea would look up at her work she honestly didn’t mind working longer, being that she was in the shuttle most of the time, yet she didn’t want to keep the others waiting. Understanding how tired they are and all. So Bea hurried along making sure she was doing a good job. When finished Bea stood up and looked over the plastic, satisfied she went over to the others “Done”
Back to top Go down
Gliz Caldo
Admin
Gliz Caldo

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:10 am

"Alright everyone, let's get back insi-"

The engineer was cut off when another engineer shuttle passes almost right over their heads.

"Whoa! Hey!"

The engineer looks to the shuttle and communicates to their radio as they pass by to the planet below Rose.

"Watch where you're driving!"

The driver in the shuttle responds.

"This missions is more important than your lives."

"No need for the reckless driving, also we were originally set for that mission."

"Good thing the captain reconsidered his decision."

"At least I can drive better."

Closing the communication the engineer looks back to the team.

"Ugh, Unitologists. Right, let's get back to our shuttle and enjoy our break before the captain noticed we lied to him."

The team jumps off of the hull, and float to the shuttle. Jon waits for the others to land on first before he makes his way to it. The engineers inside get seated and make sure everyone is secure within before driving the shuttle inside Rose's engineering station.
Back to top Go down
Anak

Anak

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 2:16 pm

Bea threw her hands up to cover her ears as she looked up at the shuttle that came close to taking her life. What was it about that marker? It seems unnecessary to her yet she didn’t care much for the matter. She lowered her arms to her side with a light sigh. Bea followed behind the senior engineers only pausing to look towards the planet beneath Rose, she shook her head before going into the shuttle and securing herself in.
Back to top Go down
Gliz Caldo
Admin
Gliz Caldo

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:39 pm

"Alright, here we go. Ghost, you're turn to drive. Do better than those Unitologists alright?"

Jon gets into the seat to navigate the shuttle. Getting the shuttle started up he makes it head straight down, and making a vertical U-turn he enters the docks for the engineer shuttles. Turns out the dock was left open from Team C's leave. A transmission was sent to the shuttle.

"Whoa there, Team D. We were JUST about to close."

Jon makes the shuttle rotate properly and backs it up to where it should be. One of the engineers reply.

"Yeah, we got our job done. Also thanks to Team C we can finally get most of the day off.""

"Right. Mind you Team C won't be happy you parked in their spot."

"To hell with them, they almost took our heads off."

"What's with you two teams? Got something against Unitologists?"

The dock finally closes, a computer voice mentions leaving vacuum as the dock seals. An extension latches itself onto the shuttle door. The engineers start taking off their helmets and heading out of the ship. Ghost leaves his helmet on as he leaves the shuttle.

"By the way, Team C will be back with that 'Marker'. Since it's their thing they might come back with a sense of triumph, might give you guff later."

"Isn't that against what they believe in? Have no conflict as their efforts are for everyone to have basically a hive mind?"

Jon replies to the man sending the team the transmission.

"Looks like they are Hippocrates or just don't like you."
Back to top Go down
Anak

Anak

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 2:39 am

Bea waited for most of the crew to leave the shuttle. She didn’t feel hungry or in need of rest to be in any hurry. She unfastened herself and began inspecting the shuttle, not for anything in particular just for anything that would catch her attention, when she found nothing she took out her helmet and went towards the door. Bea, unsure of what to do, just let her feet guide her where ever. She made sure not to wonder too far off just encase the team got a few more orders from the captain.

Bea wasn’t much of a political or religious girl, she always had her head in new technology, yet her father would fell her in as much he could. She wondered about the marker and how insane team C was. Bea figured they were only doing their orders so she shrugged the thought off. She was glad though that the Captain made the other team handle the marker.
Back to top Go down
Gliz Caldo
Admin
Gliz Caldo

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:28 am

Jon takes off his helmet as he approaches a work bench nearby. Taking out his issued Plasma Cutter he starts working on a faster firing rate. When it comes to getting your equipment you are issued a Plasma Cutter, it is just up to you when to improve it. In this case Jon is increasing the firing rate, reason because the trigger works fine but the rounds don't fire out right away. It's kind of like the gun is rusty, but all of it's parts are fine.
Jon finishes the tweaking and heads to the nearby elevator to go to the colony and rest at his apartment.
Back to top Go down
Anak

Anak

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 2:58 pm

Bea most have been in a deep thought since she hadn’t noticed the setting change. She was now in the colony. She was about to head home until someone called out to her.

“Hey Ryder”

It was Lea, she lived in the same apartment, and she waved and hurried herself beside Bea. She always seemed happy and nothing would get in her way. Bea would never ask but she would guess Lea was in her mid thirties. Lea was a teacher and could talk nonstop about her students.

“Come, I’ll buy you a drink”

Lea wrapped an arm over Bea’s shoulder and led her to a nearby bar. Bea not really in the mood to drink followed regardless. A little company would be nice. Lea got the seats on the counter and waved two fingers at the bartender.

“So how did it go?”

Bea just lowered her head and smiled wearily. Lea understanding what could have happened patted her friend on the back a few times before taking one of the cups and drank.

“It’ll get better with time...What’s the hurry right?”

Lea waved for another and looked over at Bea noticing her cup went untouched.

“I guess you’re right”

Bea took a few gulps before lowering her cup. Bea wondered how Lea could drink so much without screwing herself over the next day.

“Teachers are always right”

Lea laughed at her own remark, Bea wondered what memory popped up in Lea’s thoughts, she then went on talking about her students and how they need to improve but enjoy what little responsibilities they have. Soon a man approached them, he too worked as a teacher and seemed to be found of Lea, He took the seat beside her.

“Hello ladies”

Lea smiled from ear to ear, Bea figured she too was found of him, Lea looked from the man to Bea.

“This is Alec Sky, Alec Sky this is Bea Ryder”

They both nodded and greeted each other with a smile. Bea then stood up and said her goodbyes, Lea frowned but understood how tired she might be and let her go. Bea walked into the elevator of her apartment building and was surprised when a girl who was at least 7 greeted her.

“Alice! You almost gave me a heart attack”

She exclaimed patting her chest lightly. Alice was the daughter of a scientist she knew well. Leon and David, Alice’s father was great friends for years. The elevator doors closed and started bring them up to their level.

“Sorry…”

Alice began swaying on the ball of her feet. Bea smiled at the girl’s innocence how she wishes to return to that age.

“We were walking around and I found a doll, I wanted to take it but then Papa said the one who lost it would be very sad if they never found it again. So I returned it”

Though she sounded happy with what she did she pouted at the end. Bea crouched in front of Alice and rubbed the top of her head lightly with smile.

“You did the right thing”

Alice looked up at her and smiled, the doors then open and her father stood on the other side, he smiled noticing Alice didn’t have the doll with her. The two girls walked out the elevator and stood in front of David.

“Hello Bea, I hope all went well today”

“Yeah”

He gave her a sympatric look and added.

“You did what you could. Come Alice it’s getting late, you have school tomorrow. Sleep well Bea”

He waved and turned his back on her and began down the hall to his room. Alice ran up to her and wrapped her short arms around Bea’s waist and released her after telling her goodnight. Bea stood there watching Alice run towards her father and out of sight. Bea then went into her apartment and fell asleep.
Back to top Go down
Gliz Caldo
Admin
Gliz Caldo

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 3:52 pm

In Jon's apartment, it was just like every other apartments. If it wasn't a family apartment you only get two rooms. One big room for sleeping, eating, and you are provided with a desk and a chair. The rest of the empty space in the room is up to you. The other room is of course the bathroom. Family apartments get more rooms, such as there are two bedrooms, main room and bathroom.
Jon's apartment however isn't just an empty apartment as someone may have guessed. In the main room on the desk there are computers. If any law officers found out about his room they will confiscate these terminals. The holographic screens are linked into the helmets of all the engineers, their shuttles, and the security feed in Rose. Jon would have the helmet feed from the security officers, but he didn't have enough screens for that.
Looking at team C, he can see the team is at the 'Marker'. It looked just like how the Unitologists had depicted in stain glass, images, and little models. The strange stone gets loaded into their shuttle, strange things start to happen in the shuttle already. With audio off, Jon turns it on and puts on a pair of headphones to prevent anyone besides Jon from hearing.

"We need to help it..."

"What you say Jay?"

"Hm? I didn't say anything."

"Okay. You know I thought I might be excited to be this close to the Marker, but tell you the truth I feel uneasy."

"Make it whole, death is the answer."

A different engineer looks to Jay who was acting strange the whole time the Marker was put into the shuttle. The shuttle is just getting docked.

"Jay-"

When he reached for the engineer to calm him down. Jay quickly pulls out a rock cutter and starts hacking away at the engineer. The feed goes blank for that helmet feed as a flat-line was heard from the RIG of the engineer.

"What the fuck man?!"

One of the engineers are trying to disarm Jay, but only to have their hand sliced off. The engineer that was driving shot Jay with a plasma cutter, blowing his head right off. The engineer without a hand was kneeling on the floor.

"What got into him?"

The engineer driving points the plasma cutter at the engineer without a hand.

"What are you doing?"

"Making it whole."

Firing the plasma cutter, Jon can see that every other engineer except for the driver were killed. Jon sends a transmission to the man keeping watch of the docking controls.

"Request for security, the Team C has gone hostile."

"Yeah sure they have."

"I just saw Team C slaughter themselves. One of them is still in the shuttle, you still have time to contain him."

"Look here Jon: The captain does not pay extra to who got the Marker, he's making this object his top priority and he does not care who gets it. I cannot just seal up the shuttle, it's already docked completely."

"Dammit call for security now!"

"I'll call security alright, on you for this behavior."

Jon looks to the feed of the last Team C engineer who is entering the control room. The engineer points the plasma cutter at the man keeping check of controls. As soon as the engineer fired the transmission was cut instantly as the man had been shot in the back through his RIG.
Jon gets his helmet back on and checks his own plasma cutter. Turning off the computers he starts to run down the halls to the elevator closest to the engineering docks.
Soon as the elevator made it down he readies his tool, looking down the empty hall he keeps near areas where he can get to cover. Not long till he runs into that murdering engineer from team C. The engineer fires, missing Jon who quickly ducks behind cover of a indent leading to a supply closet. Jon returns fire by blind-firing around the small cover with his cutter sent on horizontal. Must of fired three rounds till he heard the engineer scream and something metallic drops. Looking around the corner, Jon shot the engineer's left arm off. While the engineer was grasping what was left of his arm, Jon sets the cutter on vertical and fires at the engineer's chest. He can hear the RIG flat-lined.
Dropping to the floor Jon had to take his helmet off to retch. There had been a lot of things he actually has done in schooling along side being a repairman of the ship, which some of it had been medical. There were corpses involved, but he didn't kill those people. Killing this one man even though he already claimed two lives still got to Jon.
He put his helmet back on, what is he suppose to do right now? There was security feed, security could of seen the engineer kill the man at the controls. Then they also must of seen Jon run to the engineering docking area too. Might get off easy, just might.
In the elevator, Jon was on his way to his apartment, until the elevator stopped. The elevator doors open half-way as Jon can see he's on the first set of apartments from the engineering docks. There are people killing each other with what ever they could find. He can see someone try to run to the elevator, only to have their throat slit by someone else. The person who killed them also cuts open their own neck.

"What the hell is going on?"

Finally the elevator closes and continues up.
Back to top Go down
Anak

Anak

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:21 am

Bea was down in an unfamiliar planet, the skies were red and smoky but the ground was green and healthy, she was looking for something she herself didn’t know but something seemed to guide her. Out of nowhere Bea felt cold and everything shacked around her. She heard her name and woke up. Bea sat up and was about to scream until a small hand covered her mouth. She looked to the side of her to see little Alice, a bit disoriented she thought she was still dreaming, Alice lowered her hand slowly.

“ P-please don-don’t yell…I used the key you gave me”

Bea sighed second time this night Alice scared the life out of her. Bea looked at Alice and realized that she had been sweating, she placed her hand on Alice’s head and felt her lightly damped hair her body a bit feverish, Bea moved so her feet would touch the ground.

“What is it? Is it another bad dream?”

Alice shook her head her mouth trembled as she tried to speak. Bea felt sad for the girl almost scared for her.

“It’s okay, it’ll all be alright”

Bea replied trying to comfort the girl in her arms. She wondered what got Alice all shaken up, she released her hold on the little girl and stood up, she looked at the clock and was surprised to see how early it was. She barely got a few hours of sleep. There was a hard bang at the door they both looked at each other in complete silence, Bea shrugged Alice had really got her worked up, she started towards the door but Alice tugged her shirt.

“It could be your father, C’mon let’s not worry him”

“ No…It’s not Papa, he went to his lab…I-I followed him even though he-he told me to stay and …security took me back home…I waited by the door for them o leave so I can come he-here but they..They never left they…They killed someone and then they...Killed each other”

Bea stood her place, the banging at the door became light knocks, and she gave Alice a hard look. She honestly felt like it was another nightmare but this was too much.

“Bea…Open up”

It was Lea, she looked at Alice questionably but the little girl just shook her head and mouthed the word no, Bea turned her back on Alice and went towards the door and looked through the peephole. Bea couldn’t see much but Lea didn’t look like she did when Bea had left her at the bar. Lea’s clothes were torn and blood stains were visible around her neck and arms. Lea’s eyes looked distant. Not being able to take any more confusion Bea was about the open the door until she heard someone sprinting down the hall then a loud thud. Bea looked back into the hole and found no one there.

The doors opened slowly, Alice went close behind Bea, and she leaned forward and noticed blood on the walls. She looked down one hall and noticed two corpses on the ground near Alice’s door. Bea turned her attention the other direction and found nothing, not even Lea. Bea stepped back into her apartment and let the door close quietly. Alice looked up at her, both having the same questions in their eyes, what now? Why isn’t anyone doing anything? Where are the authorities? Bea didn’t like this at all, she wasn’t built like her father. All she thought of was to leave something that she was good at, go to the shuttles and get the hell out. But, she didn’t understand the full story. What’s going on?

“Let’s go to your father he must know something”

Alice hesitated at first, Bea understood what she really wanted to just wait here and go back to sleep, but then she nodded in agreement. Bea went into her room slipped into her work clothes before returning back to Alice taking her hand in hers.

“Just look down when we get outside”

Alice nodded and both went silently out the apartment and headed towards the elevator. Bea also tried to ignore the things around her but her curiosity failed her.
Back to top Go down
Gliz Caldo
Admin
Gliz Caldo

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:22 am

At his apartment floor he sees the chaos had made it's way here while he was gone. He was gone for how long? Ten minuets? It spread that fast, ever since that object came into this station. No doubt the Captain will send a team down to get the Marker. Can't let that happen.
Going back in the elevator Jon pressed the button to head back down. The elevator stops back at the level he saw everyone killing each other.

"No no no, not this floor!"

Jon was about to tear off the control panel, until the doors open. He hears someone speaking in a loudspeaker.

"Cease killing or we will open fire, this is your final warning."

Not too much of a pause he hears gun fire. Jon figures that he cannot stay in this elevator. It's not going anywhere as the holographic controls had disappeared. Only one way back up, finds some stairs or the elevator the firing squad came from, if that's how they came down that is.
Peeking over the elevator doors he can see the security dressed in riot gear firing away at the civilians. Can't be seen, by the looks of if they will fire at anything that moves. Also if Jon doesn't want to appear like these civilians he will have to keep his tool down.
In between all sorts of cover Jon keeps his head down and keeps around to see how close the firing squad is. Managing to get passed them Jon made it to an elevator that wasn't locked down. Opening it he steps in and sends a transmission to every engineer in his team.

"This is 'Ghost' as some of you call me. Team C had brought the Marker onto the ship. Suddenly everyone started to murder each other. I think it is that damned stone. I'm going to try to get rid of it, word to the wise: avoid the security. Far as I can see it, they are given orders to shoot anyone without a badge. I think the captain might have his own team to take the marker out of Team C's shuttle, they might not agree with me trying to stop them."

As the elevator was going down Jon gets a reply from one of the engineers.

"I know what you mean Ghost, I suggest waiting on trying to stop the team. Remember the plastic right? We can tear it off as soon as that stone gets in there. Clear out the room and we have the proper equipment to survive in a vacuum. We will then have enough time to destroy the Marker."

Another engineer replies.

"Yeah, I like that idea. I have explosive charges. I'll see you two out there. Might take a little while because elevators are being locked down. I'm going to go through maintenance hatches, those are locked out to everyone but engineers. If you need to tear off the plastic without me, go ahead, hopefully I will be nearby when that happens."

Jon speaks up.

"This plan will only work if they go into the room we have plastic on. I will see if that's where they are taking it."

The elevator opens up and Jon was greeted by guns. He quickly presses the button to close the doors as the security opened fire on him. Looking up he can see a hatch. Using the TK module in his suit he pushes the hatch off and climbs up in it. Luckily there's a maintenance hatch right across from him. Opening it he can hear a computer confirming his status as he crawls through.
Back to top Go down
Anak

Anak

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:28 am

Bea honestly didn’t know what she was doing. She needed someone to tell her what to do and thank the heavens when Ghost had sent a transmission to the team. Bea could see the hope returning in Alice’s eyes too. Though Bea doubted she fully understood what was going on.

“Great”

Bea slammed her fist against the elevator door when it had stopped moving, what a pain, she looked up at the ceiling outlet. Getting herself up there would be fine but Alice was a different story. Bea looked at Alice and right away the little girl nodded. She looked so triumphed regardless her age. Bea balanced the girl on her shoulders waiting tell she undid the lock and crawled up then came Bea, Alice helped by holding Bea’s hand in place.

They both looked around them even though they were alone they could hear guns being fired. Bea walked around trying to image what part of the ship they were in, wondering whether to go up or down for the maintenance hatch nearby.

“Okay, c’mon…We’re going down”

Bea started down the ladder, with a smooth pace she didn’t want to freak out Alice, she came to stop when there were no more bars beneath her and a door was visible. She waited for Alice, gave her a pat on the back, before opening the door and letting Alice go ahead of her.
Back to top Go down
Gliz Caldo
Admin
Gliz Caldo

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 8:58 am

"Where did he go?"

Jon can hear the guards below and behind him in the elevator.

"We did not all just saw that did we?"

"Check the elevator."

Jon makes it to the docking control room. From there he can see there is a team of guards and scientists moving the Marker out of Team C's shuttle, sadly, Jon cannot pick up any radio chatter. The objective is to see where they are moving it, to be sure this plan will go through. The Marker is pushed into a hallway, looks like they are taking it to the elevator. Explains why they bothered guarding it.
Jon sends another transmission.

"Okay, looks like they are moving it. I recommend that no one use any unlocked elevators. Stick to hatches. Not until we know where they are moving the Marker."

A reply was shortly given.

"Ghost I am going to have to go against that. There are these, 'things' going around near the lowest level of the apartments. I am not sure what they are, but they are flying. One of them is just not just latched onto a corpse, and it's- oh shi-"

The reply transmission stopped suddenly. Jon had to stop his also, the guards escorting the Marker are about to pass the room. Jon stays low near the door listening for the sound of the elevator.
Back to top Go down
Anak

Anak

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:06 pm

The path seemed endless, the screams and gun fire underneath them kept them on the move, Bea looked pass Alice’s shoulder and noticed the exit not too far off. Bea hadn’t noticed Alice had stopped causing her hands to bump the bottom of Alice’s feet.

“Alice..?”

Alice shook her head, her body trembled as she panted for air, and she was having a panic attack. Bea stretched her arm and placed her hand on Alice’s back to comfort her.

“We’re almost there, nothing to worry, everything will be okay”

Alice started breathing in and out slowly, Bea letting her take her time, and she looked over her shoulder towards Bea and smiled wearily. Alice then continued towards the exit. When out they found themselves in a locker room, most likely an engineer’s changing quarters, yet some tools were around. Without much thought Alice picked up the RC-DC, it seemed the most functional.

“We need to go to the science facilities…”

Bea looked at the map that was held up on the wall nearest the door.

“It’s not that far…Your father should be there”

Alice had been stretching out and tried pushing out any negative thoughts. Bea was surprised at how Alice was reacting to this crazy situation. Bea waited till Alice was beside her to open the door and headed towards David’s lab.
Back to top Go down
Gliz Caldo
Admin
Gliz Caldo

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:41 pm

Jon waited, and listened. All he heard was a name, Doctor David. When they passed into the elevator Jon made sure it was silent before sending an audio transmission ti the team.

"David, Doctor David. Anyone know about him? I think they are moving the Marker there. Is it the lab with the plastic cover? If it isn't we might need extra explosive charges."

Jon spoke as he made his way out of the docking control room. Staying low anyway he heads for the nearest shaft he can enter. He's got to make it to the medical area. The shaft lead into a room engineers were only permitted to go to. Luckily the maintenance elevators were online.

"Update on the elevators, maintenance elevators are online. Good thing the only way these will be off is if the ship dies."
Back to top Go down
Anak

Anak

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 12:52 am

They both stopped when Ghost mentioned Alice’s father but then shrugged it off and figured there could be other Davids in the ship. Yet, the chances were slim, she had to send a transmission.

“Ryder, I have David’s daughter with me…He’s a scientist, a good man, I doubt he’ll go against moving the marker if it is the cause of all this... trouble.”

Bea was really unsure about the guy, her father liked him and they knew each other for so long, she doubted her father would socialize with someone corrupted. Alice, as if knowing what Bea was thinking, squeezed her hand a bit tighter reassuring Bea. Still Bea can tell that Alice herself was unsure of her father’s desires.

They both continued down the corridor, Bea wondered whether the room they were fixing belonged to David. Bea never went to his lab even though he had insisted on showing her a few of his projects she never found the time to drop by. She then added to the transmission.

“I’m not sure if it’s the one we were repairing earlier.”

Alice kept to what Bea had told her in the apartment this whole while she kept her eyes on the ground ahead of her. The two were unaware of the footsteps behind them as they were nearing the lab, by the looks of the hall she figured everyone would be inside by now, they slowed their pace and looked through the lab windows. Bea crouched slightly to avoid being seen she looked behind her out of curiosity and fell back completely, the RC-DC still in hand, she opened her mouth and yelled but nothing came out.

“Alice!!Run!”

That’s all she could get out as she fumbled with the RC-DC. Alice hesitated; she at least got a good glance at the headless body, before she kept her eyes shut and ran as fast as she could. Bea’s fingers moved across the buttons starting it up with her eyes on the skull. Its mouth wide open as it moved towards her, tentacles wiggled out various places, Bea hadn’t realized that she was holding her breath, she pointed the RC-DC on the zombie like monster and let the disc fly out. Bea closed her eyes as she kept directing the disc here and there, where ever she thought the monster would be. She then opened her eyes and with great relief she eased back towards the wall when she saw the body on the ground now.
Back to top Go down
Gliz Caldo
Admin
Gliz Caldo

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 9:14 am

Okay so someone on the team knows this doctor. If they have to blow up the lab to cause a vacuum in the lab to clear it out, then one of them will have to spare the scientists. After all they are to destroy the Marker, they are not terrorists.
The small elevator lead up to the science facility, medical bay. Looks like the doctors are busy with tending to wounded patients, but these patients were not calm at all. Most of them had to be restrained as they struggle to leave their bounds. One of them managed to make the bed fall, and he started to bash his own head into the floor. In seconds he ceased moving. Doctors came to check, as it turns it the man bashed his own head open.
What's with these people? They kill and kill themselves. Then again Jay in Team C mentioned something about death being the answer. Anyway, can't get anything done if sticking around here. Jon was about to leave until another engineer came to him. This engineer's suit seems to be more heavy as to protect him from explosions.

"You there, yes you. I need assistance."

"I'm in a hurry."

"This will be quick, I need someone to rivet some metal plates in place."

"For what?"

"To hold out those creatures. Doctors and no one believes me, that there are monsters. Sooner or later they will try to break in. If anything this place is not being locked out by the captain."

"Not the first time I heard of this."

"So want to help me?"

"What kind of equipment clearance do you have?"

"I'm a mining engineer, I have access to any kind of heavy duty hardware."

"Know where I can get explosive charges?"

"Yeah actually, I won't ask why. You can tell me as we are getting the job done."

Both of them went into the hallway entering the medical bay. The engineer picks up a metal plate nearby, looks like he was going to do this himself. The engineer holds the plate to a vent.

"Whoa, that vent is there for a reason. Want to suffocate everyone?"

"Don't worry, this is a heating vent. There are plenty. This one can just get accessed by everyone. The ones inside the medical bay, you would need to work yourself through fans."

Taking the rivet gun out, Jon fires a rivet at one corner.

"So tell me, why the explosives?"

"Heard about The Marker?"

"Yeah, captain wants it for the ship's employer's."

"I think it started this whole mess."

"And explosives should do the trick?"

"They are mining explosives right? Should blast a hole in anything correct?"

"They should, apparently they work on diamonds from what I read on their instructions back in training."

"The Marker is just a stone, that will destroy it."
Back to top Go down
Anak

Anak

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 4:27 pm

Alice didn’t make it far before someone blocked her path. She did as Bea instructed her to do before she ran without looking causing her to crash onto the male guard that had walked out of the lab to check on things out in the hall. Alice took a few steps, her eyes never wavering away from the giant guard, when he stepped forward she stopped from shock. If others could hear her heart beat they would beg her to calm down or stop the source. She felt like passing out and waking from this nightmare.

The man placed his hands on Alice’s shoulders and lifted her up. A few inches off the ground she didn’t want to look away and fought the urge to look at the guy head on. Bea struggled to stand up when she noticed what the guard was doing to Alice. She wondered why he was being so forceful; Alice looked like a twig in his grip. Bea pushed herself forward, her expression lost but her eyes were slightly dark as she tried to match the guy’s fearless gaze.

He tilted his head towards the lab and through the window Bea realizes most of the people inside were looking right at them. She swallowed down her questions and walked into the lab right behind the guard. Alice runs back to Bea as soon as the guard releases her. The scientists are already speaking among themselves standing near the marker. Bea saw that the guard walked back towards the entrance, she figured they already knew about the strange creatures outside. She had mix emotions, scared shit of all the confusion and happy that everyone seems to think it’s nothing.
Back to top Go down
Gliz Caldo
Admin
Gliz Caldo

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:52 am

"Oh yeah, that should do it."

The mining engineer checks each plate to see if it is on good. This hallway was secure as all vents are covered. Jon was slightly on edge the whole time for some reason. Maybe because he feared one of the creatures would go through the vents before they were done or the elevator nearby would suddenly open and those guards will come in to clear out the medical bay. Though why would they want to clear out the medical bay in the first place just made that fear silly. The mining engineer hands Jon a pass.

"That's my pass, grants you access to any mining equipment or mining restricted locks."

"Thanks, may I ask what you are doing here in the medical bay?"

"A friend of mine lost an arm thanks to one of those psychos we got strapped up inside. I've locked them into the mines, only me and my friend had the mind to not attack each other."

"How could you have known that EVERYONE went crazy?"

"Single miner team of fifty people in one tunnel. People were flat-lining left and right. Know what's up with them?"

"Nothing happened until the Marker came on board. My team and I are trying to get rid of it."

"You will sure piss off the captain if you destroy it."

"A job over the lives of his own colony? I don't think that's a captain's duty."

"Well you do what you want, I got to check on my friend. There's a engineer hatch in the medical server room, should lead you to the trains."

"Why the trains?"

"Emergency escape route and the Miner Warehouse can be accessed through there."

"Are the trains running? Elevators are getting locked down."

"Trains are still running, guess captain figured no one are leaving sectors of the ship no one will be using the trains."

With that Jon heads to the computer server room. A Doctor was standing in the way of the room, but Jon simply pushes him out of the way. Entering the hatch he crawled his way to the train station. Once he was out the train stop at the medical bay was very quiet, and a little darker than it should. Stepping off to the caution lines to see if a train was coming he can hear something down the dark tunnel to his left. It did not sound like a train. Approaching the tunnel slightly he can see a mob run out of it. Not a mob of people, at least they don't look like people. They were tall with so many inhuman looks. They had long arms above their heads and it looks like a blade made of bone is coming out of the pal of their hands. They noticed Jon as he was just standing there for a moment. These must be the creatures that everyone was talking about.
Jon starts to run down the tunnel opposite to where the creatures came. They sound so enraged as they were chasing him. This tunnel wasn't as dark as the tunnel these creatures came out of, there are some lights on the sides of tunnel, providing enough light so that Jon can see where he is going. Down the tunnel he can see a set of lights coming down fast. Jon jumps and activates his suit's boosters and just barely flies over the mob of creatures behind him as they get run over by the train. Turning his body around to see the train it was still going faster than him, and his suit cannot use his boosters for long. Pulling the rivet gun out he shoots out a window and carefully slows down to make it through the window. Once inside he gets a seat to recollect his breath. Once rested he activates his RIG's menu to check on his team. Looks like two engineers from the team are dead, looking up the names the engineer who had the explosives was one of them. Jon sends an audio message to the surviving team members.

"Everyone, two in our team are dead. One of them had the charges."

He quickly gets a reply.

"I know, he blew himself up."

"Why did he do it?"

"Those creatures were chasing us by the residential area. We were out of plasma cutter and rivet gun rounds."

"Couldn't he have given you the explosives?"

"No, we were separated."

"Fuck. We needed those. Okay, I do have a plan B. I met a mining engineer in the medical bay who gave me a pass for mining equipment. Just now I got away from some of those creatures and I was going to head in George's direction to meet up with him faster so we can do the job. The miner warehouse can be accessed by train."

"So what am I suppose to do Ghost? You seem like you got this whole thing under control."

"We can't be scattered around the station, I might need help getting the charges."

"I will see what I can do, right now I hear some of those creatures. I got to go."

"Bea, do you got anything?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space: Recreation   Dead Space: Recreation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dead Space: Recreation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Downward Spiral of Thought :: Role-Play :: Series-Related-
Jump to: